Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp UI text unreadable on Mac OS Sonoma
Downloaded latest version of Gimp (2.10.36) in march 2024 to run on Mac OS Sonoma. It appears to run fine, but it's hard to say because I can't read any of the UI text! All I see are boxes containing unicode numbers.
     I have 2 macs running Sonoma and have the same issue on both of them. I've also seen other Mac Sonoma users online reporting the same issue. Seems like it would not be that hard to fix for a Gimp developer who's aware of the problem. I'm hoping such a person will see this or hear about the issue and correct it. It'd be nice to be able to use Gimp on my Mac!
(03-07-2024, 08:09 PM)dsimonson Wrote: Downloaded latest version of Gimp (2.10.36) in march 2024 to run on Mac OS Sonoma. It appears to run fine, but it's hard to say because I can't read any of the UI text! All I see are boxes containing unicode numbers.
 .......snip.........

It is no use complaining here, no Gimp developers on this forum (well, very occasional visit by one).

It seems a recurring problem as this bug report: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/7974

That one is closed, my advice is raise another bug report.