Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layers Disappear
Hi guys. I have gimp 2.10.36 running on a 2018 iMac. My image is 1024x1024. I made one multi layered image without issues. The second image I tried to create gave me some problems.  I right click on a layer in the layers window and create a new layer. I have it set and don't change the default. Most of the time, a new transparent layer appears and I can edit that layer and it won't affect the others below.  Today, I have 5 layers and I tried to make layer 6 but everything disappears from the screen. This is only for layers below the newly created layer. If I create the layer at the very bottom, the rest of the layers are fine. If I create a new layer on the top of the stack, everything under it disappears. I have no idea what's going on.   Can someone offer some insight as to what's going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks
Your description is very good but for this type of problem it is best to supplement with a relevant screenshot.

For example adding a new layer  with composite mode - Intersection can cause the the image to vanish, but it might be something else, who knows.