Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on blending an object into a colored background
[Image: 9c36fff3df83bd3f26c44c6192c8b2bd.jpg]

i'm working on an image and using the one above as a reference for how i want my final product to look. i'm essentially trying to take an object that i've already cut out and overlaying it into the background in such a way that it appears to be almost "embedded" and blended in, if that makes any sense (i'm kind of an amateur)

i've tried working with the color and applying some filters to the object, but no dice. would appreciate knowing if anyone has a good way of doing it.
Load an object and use "Add Alpha Channel" (if there is no alpha channel)
Then ' Colours / Threshold' and use the slider to optimise the object
Remove white with 'Colours / Color to Alpha'
Colours / Map / Colour Exchange (change black to red - use the 2 colour pickers)
Make new layer and fill it with the colour you want and move the layer under the object layer 
Type the text in black color

.xcf   clock.xcf (Size: 502.27 KB / Downloads: 16)

(03-24-2024, 06:26 PM)denzjos Wrote: "Add Alpha Channel" (if there is no alpha channel)
.....//....

This filter will automatically add an alpha channel Wink
Patrice
(03-25-2024, 02:57 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 06:26 PM)denzjos Wrote: "Add Alpha Channel" (if there is no alpha channel)
.....//....

This filter will automatically add an alpha channel Wink

Pixlab, thanks for sharing this
Big Grin 
(03-24-2024, 06:26 PM)denzjos Wrote: Load an object and use "Add Alpha Channel" (if there is no alpha channel)
Then ' Colours / Threshold' and use the slider to optimise the object
Colours / Map / Colour Exchange (change black to red - use the 2 colour pickers)
Make new layer and fill it with the colour you want and move the layer under the object layer 
Type the text in black color

this worked perfectly for me. thank you very much