Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Position of layers always 0,0
I am using Gimp to design a virtual remote for a Home Assistant process.

This involves a layer that represents the full remote body and separate layers for individual buttons. As I will need the pixel co-ordinates of the image in each layer for overlaying the resulting remote image, I have ensured the button layers are all simply populated with just the button image with the rest of the layer transparent and then have set the layer to image size.

I have done layers in the past and have had the layer attributes show the x/y offset in relation to pixel position on the screen. However, this time, I must have done something different as every layer has the offset of 0,0.

Images of the base remote layer and a layer for the mute button are shown below. I was hoping the attributes offset for the mute button layer would have been something like 29,23 based on the image position in the main view but it is 0,0.

What am I likely to have done wrong and can I amend the layers to position at the top left position of the layer image, reflecting this in the attributes?

Because that layer (mute_over) is as big as the size of the image (the yellow dashed line all around shows the layer size).
Go to the top menu "Layer > Crop to content" the offset should now show up as the layer is smaller than the image size (canvas), and not bigger than the size of the button.

Patrice
(03-24-2024, 01:12 AM)PixLab Wrote: Because that layer (mute_over) is as big as the size of the image (the yellow dashed line all around shows the layer size).
Go to the top menu "Layer > Crop to content" the offset should now show up as the layer is smaller than the image size (canvas), and not bigger than the size of the button.

Thanks, I forgot that was how cropping works. Content not image for layer resizing.