Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remarkable Recovery
I had been working on an image for almost an hour when Gimp crashed.  It may have been a conflict with MS Edge browser because the browser greyed out and could not be accessed.  I was able to close the browser with task manager.  All the other open windows seemed to be ok.

Then when I restarted Gimp I was informed that there had been an unexpected closure and I was asked if I wanted to recover. I gave it a go and to my surprise most? of the open and unsaved images were recovered including the one I had been working on.  The ones that did not reappear were the open files that had not been worked on.
(01-06-2024, 03:04 AM)zeuspaul Wrote: I had been working on an image for almost an hour when Gimp crashed.  It may have been a conflict with MS Edge browser because the browser greyed out and could not be accessed.  I was able to close the browser with task manager.  All the other open windows seemed to be ok.

Then when I restarted Gimp I was informed that there had been an unexpected closure and I was asked if I wanted to recover. I gave it a go and to my surprise most? of the open and unsaved images were recovered including the one I had been working on.  The ones that did not reappear were the open files that had not been worked on.

Yes, I don't know what they did in the code (or even where they put these saved images) but there is some working recovery afoot. Never been anything close to a case of life-or-death for me so far, but still made things simpler.