Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select multiple layers
Hi

I want to select multiple layers (at the right bottom window) and then delete them.
But nothing works: holding CTRL, SHIFT, ...
I can only select ONE Sad
(02-24-2024, 06:52 PM)gimpygirl Wrote: Hi

I want to select multiple layers (at the right bottom window) and then delete them.
But nothing works: holding CTRL, SHIFT, ...
I can only select ONE Sad

One way to do this is:

1-Disable preview of all layers; - (hold down SHIFT and click on an eye-shaped icon in the layers window)
2-Make visible only the layers you want to delete;
3-With the right mouse button, click on one of the layers and choose from the menu: Merge visible layers;

Now just delete this only visible layer.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Do you know why the gimp developers not just use SHIFT + mouse left click to select multiple layers?!?
There is nothing easier...

If anybody could request this feature for gimp 3, it would save a lot of time. (I don't know how/where to do that) Heart
(02-25-2024, 05:15 AM)gimpygirl Wrote: Do you know why the gimp developers not just use SHIFT + mouse left click to select multiple layers?!?

If anybody could request this feature for gimp 3, it would save a lot of time. (I don't know how/where to do that) Heart

It's already in Gimp3
(02-25-2024, 09:13 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 05:15 AM)gimpygirl Wrote: Do you know why the gimp developers not just use SHIFT + mouse left click to select multiple layers?!?

It's already in Gimp3

woohoo! :-) I don't try experimental version yet