Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hand Of Fate Glass Vignette
[Image: Hand-Of-Fate-Glass-Vignette.webp]

Just seeing if I can insert a webp image here. Looks like I can Smile Gimp-Forum changes the speed a bit. Original is here.

(07-13-2023, 07:24 AM)Tas_mania Wrote:
Just seeing if I can insert a webp image here. Looks like I can Smile Gimp-Forum changes the speed a bit. Original is here.

They are in a hurry Big Grin

More seriously, thanks for the test, last time I tested it was accepting but GF did show a link instead of the image/animation.
Patrice
(07-13-2023, 08:16 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 07:24 AM)Tas_mania Wrote:

They are in a hurry  Big Grin  

More seriously, thanks for the test, last time I tested it was accepting but GF did show a link instead of the image/animation.

The image isn't hosted on G-F.n Angel and if I copy paste the ibb.com URL from my usuall FF to a Chromium instance the animation runs just as fast, so FF and Chromium do agree on the animation rate.
Maybe the speed difference was just 2 databases and the www lining-up Smile

PixLab you maybe interested in the export settings I used?

Image quality is directly related to the size of the webp. Alpha quality probably not used. 'Max distance between key-frames' I don'tunderstand this one at all. Not really using key-frames in Gimp.

I think I added an image and put the url into the options to get it on G-F.
Sorry for the late answer, I just came back from few days of holidays Tongue

(07-14-2023, 06:46 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: Maybe the speed difference was just 2 databases and the www lining-up Smile

PixLab you maybe interested in the export settings I used?

Image quality is directly related to the size of the webp. Alpha quality probably not used. 'Max distance between key-frames' I don'tunderstand this one at all. Not really using key-frames in Gimp.

I think I added an image and put the url into the options to get it on G-F.

Key-frames might be the same as in video and/or transition, I need to do some search about it and webp, though.

(07-13-2023, 07:46 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The image isn't hosted on G-F.n Angel and if I copy paste the ibb.com URL from my usuall FF to a Chromium instance the animation runs just as fast, so FF and Chromium do agree on the animation rate.

Ohhh, that's why it's showing the animation, thus it's imgbb.com (the host) which is in a hurry Smile

Um... will hosted webp animation work one day on GF? Big Grin
Patrice
Doesn't depend on us but on MyBB and last I checked it wasn't there yet. Thinking about upgrading the lot anyway, can't be any worse than pixls.us Angel
here they explain how to have webp post #1 and post #8 > https://community.mybb.com/thread-237731.html (the thread is "recent", it's from February 2023)
Big Grin
Patrice