Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toggle drawing area to the most widely as possible
(09-20-2023, 08:43 AM)lenainjaune Wrote: Is it in function of my seniority ?  

Not as far as I know. That is your profile, use the User CP button (1)

But go easy on the sig, Nothing more annoying than a monster quote followed by a "thank you" followed by a monster sig.

...but then I am a dinosaur coming from a time when a sig was generally two lines of text maximum and people edited quoted mesages.
(09-20-2023, 09:09 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 08:43 AM)lenainjaune Wrote: Is it in function of my seniority ?  

Not as far as I know. That is your profile, use the User CP button (1)

Nope ! No signature area :

(09-20-2023, 09:09 AM)rich2005 Wrote: But go easy on the sig, Nothing more annoying than a monster quote followed by a "thank you" followed by a monster sig.

...but then I am a dinosaur coming from a time when a sig was generally two lines of text maximum and people edited quoted mesages.

Oh ch...t  I think like you from years  Big Grin

I have questions to all your answers (Woody Allen)

Knowledge and ideas belong to everyone (noosphere) !

Maybe you need to have more participation like 10 posts or more?
BTW put a real url for your website, but don't put "my.website.url" if it's linking to nowhere, it's annoying to be send to nowhere Wink
Patrice
(09-20-2023, 09:44 AM)PixLab Wrote: Maybe you need to have more participation like 10 posts or more?

OK I supposed that, but as I felt I had seen this nowhere ...

[edit]That is it. I can add my signature. Thank you  Wink [/edit]

(09-20-2023, 09:44 AM)PixLab Wrote: BTW put a real url for your website, but don't put "my.website.url" if it's linking to nowhere, it's annoying to be send to nowhere Wink

Sorry I tried to fulling all text fields to understand why everybody said to me that the solution was here. I remove them now.

(09-20-2023, 04:03 AM)H.Seldon Wrote: In Preferences > Image Windows > Appearance, you can uncheck 'Show  menubar' for Normal and/or Fullscreen modes and just use the context menu for image windows. You can toggle docks on and off with 'Tab' key.

This is the better result I saw until now, thank you very much  Cool !

I obtain nearly what I want.

To draw in Gimp from my smartphone by Weylus :

1. Create an image at the dimensions of the external device (in my case white_smartphone.png on the $HOME/Images folder)
  2. Be sure Gimp is not running
  3. From the Gimp profile (in Linux at $HOME/.config/GIMP), backup the profile files sessionrc and gimprc (copy and name them in function of what you want to do - in my case sessionrc_weylus_smartphone and gimprc_weylus_smartphone)
  4. Open the Gimp's backuped profile with (here with Linux) :
    gimp --session=$HOME/.config/GIMP/2.10/sessionrc_weylus_smartphone --gimprc=$HOME/.config/GIMP/2.10/gimprc_weylus_smartphone $HOME/Images/white_weylus_smartphone.png
  5. From the Gimp's Preferences, configure with the above solution in Normal Mode (see below why not in Fullscreen Mode) and quit
  6. Open again to validate that the new profile gives what we want

So from now, each time I open Gimp in this way I obtain a (near) perfect solution to draw from my external device. The only thing to do after is to apply Zoom to the selection and hidde docks with Tab key to change tools.

Note the principle of Weylus is to control remotely "by window" from a navigator (which can be set itself in fullscreen) of the external device and as the Gimp's Fullscreen Mode takes the whole area of the monitor (in short the window become the monitor), it will certainly not fit with 1:1 ratio on the external device screen. I suppose that the solution be to stay in Normal Mode and to enlarge the Gimp draw area to the best of the monitor (a factor with the Zoom to the selection Gimp tool) to fit on the whole image representing the external device. Nevertheless until now I did not find a way to remove the Gimp window title bar and totally adjust the Gimp's window (horizontally and vertically) to the image so I have a waste of draw area in my external device.

A picture is worth a thousand words ...

My monitor : 1680 x 1050
My external device : 2312 x 1080

Gives :

For now I do not find a way to :
  • auto-magically to apply Zoom to the selection after opening Gimp
  • shrink window to fit perfectly with the image
As an extra feature  Tongue if you do not have one you can build your stylus to draw on your external touch screen device (this is not professional but that do the trick, I tried it) : https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Stylus

So the problem is resolved if I find a way to better I will post here.

Thank you for the time you spent to me Smile .

See you next time.

[modos]how to pass the thread as resolved ?[/modo]

(09-20-2023, 08:43 AM)lenainjaune Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 02:37 AM)sallyanne Wrote: quote - I do not find the location to write my signature ..

Try  User CP at the top left

I do not find a signature field and after having fulling all the text areas in my account, it gives what I attached below.

But I do not see a signature field ... and not my just uploaded avatar (jpeg 100x100 11.7 KiB)

Is it in function of my seniority ?

Signature only shows up after a few posts. Avatar support is a bit buggy, I have to fix the database entry (don't worry, I have a script for that).
(09-20-2023, 07:24 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 08:43 AM)lenainjaune Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 02:37 AM)sallyanne Wrote: quote - I do not find the location to write my signature ..

Try  User CP at the top left

I do not find a signature field and after having fulling all the text areas in my account, it gives what I attached below.

But I do not see a signature field ... and not my just uploaded avatar (jpeg 100x100 11.7 KiB)

Is it in function of my seniority ?

Signature only shows up after a few posts. Avatar support is a bit buggy, I have to fix the database entry (don't worry, I have a script for that).

Do not worry ! For now all working fine for me.

By the way, how to indicate the thread was resolved ?

(09-20-2023, 08:02 PM)lenainjaune Wrote: By the way, how to indicate the thread was resolved ?

You don't, there is no function for that, usually people says "thank you" thus we know that it's done Big Grin
Patrice