Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Working with Paths
(11-02-2016, 05:28 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: When you'll have a high-def display you'll understand Smile

i can remember a thread on GC: someone demanded to get his balls shrunk, which was quickly edited by one of the mods into something more PG13
(11-03-2016, 12:39 AM)Espermaschine Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:28 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: When you'll have a high-def display you'll understand Smile

i can remember a thread on GC: someone demanded to get his balls shrunk, which was quickly edited by one of the mods into something more PG13

See item 3 Big Grin
(10-31-2016, 11:11 AM)rich2005 Wrote: A good crib sheet.

For that last item, smooth a path, there is at least one plugin (probably more) that does that.
Haven't been able to find script that smooths path. searched several gimp related sites.
It is a compiled plug-in http://registry.gimp.org/node/20069

You use Windows?
Download the zip, un-pack and copy the smooth-path.exe file to your Gimp profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins.

A quick try in a Win7 VM and it works here. Right click in the paths dock to bring up the menu.
Bottom of the menu brings up a dialogue.

Composite screen shot

"Download the zip, un-pack and copy the smooth-path.exe file to your Gimp profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins."

I did the above but can't seem to figure out how to apply it. I can find it using scrtpt-fu, but checking apply doesn't do anything.
(03-19-2017, 01:57 AM)eingram25 Wrote: I did the above but can't seem to figure out how to apply it. I can find it using scrtpt-fu, but checking apply doesn't do anything.

That is not the way to apply the plugin.

You missed the point of the last post. smooth-path.exe is a compiled plugin not script-fu. It is in a binary form.
Just a check: It is already provided for Windows users, Linux users would use that '.c' file and compile it for themselves. Make sure you use the exe file in your plug-ins folder (not the .zip, not the .c just the .exe)

It does show up in the plug-in browser (and the procedure browser) which shows where to find the menu entry. Same as your screenshot

Similar screenshot to previous. Right click in the layers dialogue for the menu. Look at the bottom.

Gimp plug-ins come in forms other than python, although these days it tends to be either python or compiled.

Just for info, there are perl plug-ins (filename.pl) Used these in the past but AFAIK not currently supported in Gimp Windows.
(03-19-2017, 08:28 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 01:57 AM)eingram25 Wrote: I did the above but can't seem to figure out how to apply it. I can find it using scrtpt-fu, but checking apply doesn't do anything.

That is not the way to apply the plugin.

You missed the point of the last post. smooth-path.exe is a compiled plugin not script-fu. It is in a binary form.
Just a check: It is already provided for Windows users, Linux users would use that '.c' file and compile it for themselves. Make sure you use the exe file in your plug-ins folder (not the .zip, not the .c just the .exe)

It does show up in the plug-in browser (and the procedure browser) which shows where to find the menu entry. Same as your screenshot

Similar screenshot to previous. Right click in the layers dialogue for the menu. Look at the bottom.

Gimp plug-ins come in forms other than python, although these days it tends to be either python or compiled.

Just for info, there are perl plug-ins (filename.pl) Used these in the past but AFAIK not currently supported in Gimp Windows.
OK got it now. I don't know what you mean by "compiled" plug-in, if that was the point of the last post, it went right over my head.
Quote:I don't know what you mean by "compiled" plug-in

One difference between scripts/python plugins and compiled plugins is you can read them (they are text files)

In Widows a compiled plugin is something.exe and any associated someother.dll If you have the gmic plugin you see it consists of several of those.