Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding gif text to gif
what I am trying to do is insert a text gif into another gif and when I do so once I play the gif the text dissolves away and I want it to all go away immediately after the frame I anchored it to.
my process is I open my space gif then I go into layers right click and add new layer and then I usually copy and paste the text gif into that layer then I anchor/merge layer down.

attached is what I am talking about, I really appreciate the help.

I am a complete newbie, thanks in advance

Hard to tell because we only see the result. We don't know what you started with. The GIF is optimized, did you optimize it explicitly or did you start with an optimized GIF? These are easy to recognize: successive frames are usually smaller than the whole image and are in (combine) mode. In an un-optimized GIF, frames are image-sized and all in (replace) mode. If you started with an optimized GIF, then the successive frames don't totally overlay the existing frame and this could create the dissolution effect.

The solution: use Filters>Animation>Unoptimize on your source image before you do anything to it. This create a new, unoptimized image on which you can work. Re-optimize (Filters>Animation>Optimize (for GIF)) only at the end of your editing.
One way you could do this is use ofnuts 'interleave layers' script.
Open you planet gif and then make another series with the text and the same number of layers and the same size as the 1st gif.
Second gif series is all transparent (alpha) frames with your text fading in and then out. GIFs really don't have a start and finish do they?
Finally merge (interleave) the second over the first.
Idea