Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimp can't open .png file, though not damaged
Exclamation 
Hello, I don't know where I am supposed to look for a solution for this issue or how to best describe it, but here goes nothing.

This issue seems to be very specific and complex. I am trying to open and edit a .png file, which I ripped off the core system of my iPhone via software. But gimp is giving me an error message that simply says:

"Opening 'BatteryBG_4@2x.png' failed:

Error while reading 'BatteryBG_4@2x.png'. File corrupted?"

I know the file is not corrupted. It looks like it has something to do with the source of that image, as re-saving such image will make it work. But I don't know how to do so on a Mac computer, since opening it on gimp doesn't work obviously. I would simply have to get rid of the source.

My device:
Macbook Pro (Retina 13", 2013)

GIMP Version: 2.10

Hope I can find some answers here, thanks in advance!
(10-08-2023, 05:38 PM)terminalN00b Wrote: Hello, I don't know where I am supposed to look for a solution for this issue or how to best describe it, but here goes nothing.

This issue seems to be very specific and complex. I am trying to open and edit a .png file, which I ripped off the core system of my iPhone via software. But gimp is giving me an error message that simply says:

"Opening 'BatteryBG_4@2x.png' failed:

Error while reading 'BatteryBG_4@2x.png'. File corrupted?"

I know the file is not corrupted. It looks like it has something to do with the source of that image, as re-saving such image will make it work. But I don't know how to do so on a Mac computer, since opening it on gimp doesn't work obviously. I would simply have to get rid of the source.

My device:
Macbook Pro (Retina 13", 2013)

GIMP Version: 2.10

Hope I can find some answers here, thanks in advance!

Can you attach the file (perhaps i, a .ZIP/TAR)?