Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro and a few questions on attached photo
(02-24-2024, 05:07 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Before you start on those corners I would dehaze your image and then make sure your colours are correct, Maybe go to colours > levels > auto input levels.or use the equalize local histogram in GMIC- Qt

Then I would clone the bottom left area in. Using 'align' (alignment) so you can get the same differences. You may need to blur parts together with a heal brush after and using the clone tool again make your brush as big as the area on the tree that needs fixing. set your source as part of the tree leaves and the stamp the top left corner.

Thanks for the tip and the quick response.
   I'm so new at this that I don't even know where to start. 
   As I've worked through the GIMP course I'm taking, I've experimented with most of the tools and filters referenced on a copy of this original .jpg. I think I've made some progress but not enough to call it better. Wink
   I didn't post the .xcf file as it's 255.6 MB and I forgot to check the file size limit for the forum.
   And please excuse my lack of knowledge of the terminology, but, does "dehaze" remove the foggy look? Like the camera lens had a fine coating of dust when the picture was taken

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intro and a few questions on attached photo - by Danbor - 02-24-2024, 05:42 AM