Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
symmetry ideas...
SYMMETRY*infinity =

"It would be GREAT to be able to pick the CENTER of the symmetry activity...  and to pick MULTIPLE centers...  also, it would be good to be able to pick N divisions  to symmetry-ize...  or an "angle"...  what if you wanted to do 60 degree?  or 30?  or any 360/N symmetry?  AND be able to choose the CENTER(s) of the symmetry?  For example if i wanted to do guilding type decoration/drawing...  i could drop X number of "pins", and by drawing near one pin, the brushstrokes/tool-action would be replicated around the other pins in the same scale and with the same 360/N (with a 'phase' (rotation)) symmetry.

If i did 360/2, at 0 degree phase, i'd get left right mirroring...  if i did 360/2 at 90 degree phase (rotation), i'd get vertical mirroring, if i did 360/4, at either 0, or no degree phase, i'd get horizontal and vertical symmetry...  and if i did the same with the phase set to 45 degree phase, i'd gate "X" patterned symmetry, instead of "+"...

And if i did 360/3...  or 360/6, etc...  i could get nearly infinite symmetry options...

where is the official feature requests/suggestions area if the interwebz?

Messages In This Thread
symmetry ideas... - by etyrnal - 04-06-2017, 11:59 PM
RE: symmetry ideas... - by Ofnuts - 04-07-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: symmetry ideas... - by rich2005 - 04-07-2017, 09:59 AM