Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi- New user 2.10.36
HI all,
I am new to GIMP.  Been a PS user but can no longer afford the way it's going so installed gimp 2.10.36 on C in a win 11 64 bit machine and GIMO portable on an external SSID on a win 10 64 bit machine, both laptops.and then

Both are set up to my preferences.     I am at the moment interested in logo creation and photo manipulation for website use

Trawled you tube and came across Davies Media Design and thought buying the masters course would be a good choice.  Turns out three quarters of the resources are missing and have been, according to the comments, for some years. DMD doesn't answer emails so somewhat disappointed.  Sorry if this is a DMD forum, if it is maybe the dude will read this and send me the missing resources.

Guess I won't be getting the Udemy Certificate from the video alone.

My current issues are:

I cant' seem to get stroking text to work.   I appreciate that its a different way of doing things but I can't get it to work to my satisfaction and its a somewhat convaluted way of doing it.  Maybe theres a plugin out there.

I also can't get text on a circle to work.  Text on the top part of the arc is fine but text on the lower places on the top right corner and i cant flip it to read upright.   However, despite copying logo by nick every step, i conclude that i must be missing something.

Does anyone know of an online teacher who someone as inexperienced as i can follow and the instructions work please?  Or is there a plug in for text on a circle?

I also now have Inkscape and I will say that as far as I am concerned it is far superior to Illustarator in ease of use.

Hopefully someone will read this and tell me where I am going wrong.

THanks for reading.

Messages In This Thread
Hi- New user 2.10.36 - by theycallmejayne - 12-07-2023, 09:29 PM
RE: Hi- New user 2.10.36 - by Ofnuts - 12-08-2023, 12:09 AM
RE: Hi- New user 2.10.36 - by theycallmejayne - 12-08-2023, 01:28 PM
RE: Hi- New user 2.10.36 - by Ofnuts - 12-08-2023, 06:20 PM
RE: Hi- New user 2.10.36 - by theycallmejayne - 12-09-2023, 09:35 AM
RE: Hi- New user 2.10.36 - by PixLab - 12-08-2023, 06:11 PM