Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to modify guides in script-fu to allow their placement outside canvas?
Not much to add outside the thread subject line. Heck, you've probably found yourself wondering the same. The reason I'd like to do this, and desperately wish guides could be dragged off-canvas and NOT disappear is all about making vanishing points practical. Otherwise I have to start with a ridiculously huge canvas area to store the exact coordinates of a single pixel's worth of data, as a vanishing point in-file.

As is, I have to work with an order of magnitude or more canvas area than necessary, wasting a lot of space and degrading ergonomics. Does anyone know of any workarounds? Or barring that, know enough script-fu, to describe to me how to place guides that intersect the canvas nowhere, yet still stay in place? I do know basic python but haven't touched script-fu yet.

Makes me miss how in Flash editor, waaay back in the day, you could put anything off-canvas.
[Image: gimp_vanishing_point_prob.png?ex=658f602...y=lossless]

Messages In This Thread
Is it possible to modify guides in script-fu to allow their placement outside canvas? - by Dogarithm - 12-16-2023, 12:21 AM