Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threading / Loops in Python Plugin
But in script-fu you don't use the run-mode argument, so I wonder if your data wouldn't end up in the run_mode argument.

Good point.  As you know the docs are pretty scarce and I sorta had to add/remove args until it stopped throwing errors.  When you suggested that I got excited and tried.  But unfortunately, not.  It appears the second arg is:

<__gi__.GimpProcedureConfig-python-fu-prism-saveAction object at 0x000001b7ffd3fec0 (GimpProcedureConfig-python-fu-prism-saveAction at 0x000001b7ff9fdcc0)>

Also, you have this very complex architecture because you want to use Pythonv3 for your main code, but since you moved to Gimp3 you are now using Python v3 on the Gimp side of things so maybe you can simplify all this?

And thought of that.  But Gimp's Py3 does not play well with the Qt elements and enviro of the pipeline stuff.  And also I thought it best to keep it separate since Gimp's Py and our VFX Py will not necessarily be consistently in sync.  This was also since I could not get a listening script to work in Gimp 2 or 3, so chose 3.

But still have the issue of trying to get an argument passed to the procedure.  Unless there is another way?

Messages In This Thread
Threading / Loops in Python Plugin - by JBreckeen - 01-01-2024, 05:11 PM
RE: Threading / Loops in Python Plugin - by JBreckeen - 04-19-2024, 01:09 AM