Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animations: Open as Layers to Double Animation but Maintain Replace.
(03-09-2017, 10:38 AM)Ofnuts: Thank you sir for such good timing.  I was just about to close up for the night but reloaded the index page before closing it and saw a reply.  Thanks.  I was also worried that nobody would understand what I am trying to achieve with this, but you seem to have comprehended my dilemma as I would have hoped.  You have given me some answers which I will have to take some time to explore tomorrow and see what I can do with them, but they look good to me at first sight.  I will just need to try them out and see what works.  (replace) is one which I have been trying in the Layer dialog box, manually adding (replace) to the attribute after the (100ms) and before the #1 for the copy of the 24 layers of the Big \O', but it seems that on testing, the (replace) is somehow connected to original preceding layer when it is originally created.  I am a bit new to this, so excuse me if I am off the track.  Just a loose gut feeling.  I was on the right track, but did it the wrong way, so I'll try again tomorrow.I will download the interleave-layers script as soon as I post this goodnight reply, and add it to my GIMP directory as soon as I can check where in what I assume is the /usr/share/gimp directory, but this is the first time I have ever needed to add a plugin, so I'll check the subdirectories first. Thanks again, and I will reply a second time tomorrow after I have had some time to test out these other options.  It is rather mandatory that I get the central 'O' to spin 696 times when the little 'o' orbits once, like the Earth spins 696 times in a lunar month.  The site is named Orbital Order so I MUST get the logo right or else forget about it.  It would only end up in embarrassment for the webmaster.   9-)Goodnight Ofnuts, and see you tomorrow mate. Wrote: If you duplicate the 348 layers, you can just as well display them for twice as long (ie, use a 5 frame/sec rate instead or 10frames/sec). Visually the effect is the same. Of course this will slow down the earth (you have to do it n 12 2-hours frames), but since it is likely somewhat small that wouldn't make much difference.

Another solution is to do two 348-layers animations, with one having a half-image offset, and then interleave them.

You can also duplicate the 348 layers by just interleaving them with layers from a duplicate of the image.

There is no real 'replace' attribute in layers. However if a layer name contains '(replace)' (parentheses included) it will be forced to be in replace mode. When you save the animation there is also a setting telling what to do with layers that have no explicit replace/combine setting.

To interleave the layers, you can have a look at my interleave-layers script. Make surre to use Merge=No.

PS: I noticed the Mirror Layers script while I was at the Animation Tools page so I downloaded that too. I will copy both scripts into GIMP somehow first thing tomorrow, and let you know how it went.

Many thanks mate. You really know what you are doing, by the impression I get.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animations: Open as Layers to Double Animation but Maintain Replace. - by Seano - 03-09-2017, 11:00 AM