Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Read Contents of Folder error - FIXED!
(05-11-2017, 07:06 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The "depth" of files i the hierarchy has no influence whatsoever on the access speed. What counts is how "fragmented" the file is on the disk. Using the standard install location is fine.

In fact this looks like some other software is interfering with Gimp. Are you running some security software (antivirus, firewall...)? Can you disable it temporarily to see if this fixes things? Or use its settings to add an exception for Gimp?

Ok, here's where I've gotten to. In the GIMP File Management Window (opened when I select Export As, or Open) I tried to create a folder called GIMP. When I confirmed the selection, for some reason, it renamed the folder GIMP 2. Fine by me. I saved a few files to the folder and now, when I select Export As or Open, the default folder is GIMP 2. Again, fine by me. It appears that somehow, GIMP is now able to recognize it's own system folder, which before, it did not do. Now, it opens the new folder (which is in the GIMP 2 system folder where all the other GIMP folders reside.) The day is saved. Smile

For some reason, GIMP couldn't recognize either image or .xcf files which are in my main User folder or the GIMP 2 system folder which is installed on my C:\ drive. But it seems to be fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to help me sort this out. I can now GIMP along on my merry way. Smile

Mike

edit: I did add the GIMP2.exe to Trend Micro's Exception list, but still got the same error - so, still don't know what the hiccup was.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot Read Contents of Folder error - by GeneralProductsHull - 05-11-2017, 07:58 AM