Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking suggestions for ofn-path-edits
Quote:I'm considering repackaging together a bunch of small scripts that perform rather simple operations on paths...snip... Candidates so far:
delete strokes: delete strokes with an end in the selection.
extract strokes: keep strokes with an end in the selection
reverse strokes: swap stroke end to end (no visible result but often useful).

Use of a selection is a good idea, much used in CAD graphic applications, a 'free' selection as well as a 'box' selection would be good.
edit: although, is a 'free' just a bounding box anyway?

Quote:splice strokes: connect together strokes with end points sufficiently close.
cut strokes: cut strokes on the anchor point in selection (this is the opposite of the "splice" above, a stroke with thee anchors will produce two strokes of two anchors, where two anchors will coincide)
intersect strokes: cut and splice two strokes where they intersect. The $64K question is to have a good criterion to determine which of the 4 angles to keep.

Could a 'free' selection be applied to that last one to determine the remainder.

Quote:decompose strokes: decomposes a path into its individual strokes. Unlike the rest this one would create additional paths.
summary: show a summary of the path information (to check that what you got is actually what you

decompose always useful.

Additions,
While there is already a (compiled) plugin for smoothing paths, maybe a no-dialogue python addition. Say, with angle 60 => angle <= 180

Menus:
I know you use context menus a lot and probably have the paths dock open all the time but in my experience an average user turns to the menu system first. Maybe an option for either included?
No saving in clicks between (unless you need to select a path), assuming choice by selection is used.
Tools -> ofnuts menu -> select option
and
Switch from layers to paths -> right click -> select ofnuts tools -> select option -> back to layers dock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking suggestions for ofn-path-edits - by rich2005 - 11-11-2016, 09:42 AM