Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking suggestions for ofn-path-edits
(11-11-2016, 09:42 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Use of a selection is a good idea, much used in CAD graphic applications, a 'free' selection as well as a 'box' selection would be good.
edit: although, is a 'free' just a bounding box anyway?
The selection is whatever the Gimp selection is (rectangle, ellipse, freehand, from alpha...)

(11-11-2016, 09:42 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Could a 'free' selection be applied to that last one to determine the remainder.
How would you apply a selection to an angle?

A possible way is to cut-off the shortest ends, so that people would approximate the cut, and the script would finish it off

(11-11-2016, 09:42 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Additions,
While there is already a (compiled) plugin for smoothing paths, maybe a no-dialogue python addition. Say, with angle 60 => angle <= 180

Yes, it is a very useful plugin... not too trivial to rewrite (the algorithm is quite efficient and would run quickly in Python) and I wonder if I should add that dependency... 

(11-11-2016, 09:42 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Menus:
I know you use context menus a lot and probably have the paths dock open all the time but in my experience an average user turns to the menu system first. Maybe an option for either included?
No saving in clicks between (unless you need to select a path), assuming choice by selection is used.
Tools -> ofnuts menu -> select option
and
Switch from layers to paths -> right click -> select ofnuts tools -> select option -> back to layers dock

When I edit paths I do have the path dock open because I will generally work on several paths. And when you create a path, it is made invisible when you exit the Path editor, while my tools are best used while viewing the paths, so you still have to open the paths list to make the path visible.

Otherwise adding these elsewhere in the menu structure is doable but the way the registration works I would need to duplicate entries to keep them in the paths list. Unless I use a .ini file so that users can choose their location.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking suggestions for ofn-path-edits - by Ofnuts - 11-11-2016, 01:18 PM