Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to let Gimp remember canvas size and "Fill with"?
Quote:AFAIK you will have to select from the drop down canvas size dialogue.
I think I mentioned earlier that Gimp will start a new image using the same size as the previous still active image.

It is possible to start Gimp with an image file as a parameter. It can be blank if you want and any subsequent new image will take that size.

Code:
Code:
gimp /path/to/image.ext

You could make several different launchers with different sized images. Not sure how you do that in MacOS

Hmm, that means every time I want to resize the canvas for the current image I have to sit back, to concentrate and to remember what was the size of the last image which will be used for next resize canvas operation.

You recommend to exit current Gimp session, then navigate to the gimp directory search for an appropriate launcher, then double click to start Gimp, then open my previous image in focus and then ....finally resize canvas with the desired dimensions?

Really? You are kidding

What is needed here is a zero assumption pre-defined, pre-selected Template in Canvas Resize dialog.

As far as I can see Gimp does not offer such simple "remember template" feature.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to let Gimp remember canvas size and "Fill with"? - by pstein - 12-10-2023, 12:19 PM