Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threading / Loops in Python Plugin
Thanks for the discussion.

I stepped away from this plugin for a bit - had to do some work.  I have gotten the "outbound" part of my integration working by having the Gimp plugin write a command .json and have my bridge script pick it up and do its thing.

But the issue I am having is trying to get the "looping" script to be able to execute an inbound command in Gimp.  The simple version would be that I want to have the Gimp plugin (running under Gimp's py2.7) constantly checking the command directory for a .json, and when it finds one it executes something such as

pdb.gimp_file_save(image, drawable, savePath, savePath).

If I setup a static function that checks the directory once during the plugin load, it works.  But as soon as I put in checking loop (which is blocking of course), then Gimp will not continue the load.  So then I move the checking loop to a thread, but whenever I try to connect the threads, I get a crash.  I believe it comes from the two processes being in separate threads.

So what I really need is to have some way that the checking loop can execute the Gimp commands in Gimp's thread.

Hope that makes sense,

JBreckeen.

Messages In This Thread
Threading / Loops in Python Plugin - by JBreckeen - 01-01-2024, 05:11 PM
RE: Threading / Loops in Python Plugin - by JBreckeen - 01-09-2024, 01:12 PM