Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1970's Danish Maritime Radio Aesthetic
I need a logo designed for a small electronics business, thought I would have a go myself but cannot afford the time investment needed to learn GIMP.
I have a pretty definite brief so this should be a straightforward job for somebody competent in GIMP. can pay direct bank transfer or paypal etc etc. pls could I ask any interested party to reply here or email for more details.

if we can work well together on this logo then there is a website required also.

The business involved is chiefly concerned with seabed mapping and also repairing/installing/selling marine electronics to merchant and fishing vessels. we are based on the fringes of the universe in the Orkney Islands. as such we get involved with a broad spectrum of electronic engineering.

aesthetic/design influences I would like to be harmonised with the brand are:

"Sailor" SP Radio A/S, a Danish manufacturer of marine radio eqpt from the 1970s (google image for "sailor radio" will show nice old green radios)
Herge's Tintin artwork
1960s suitcase stickers
fonts from WW2 posters
retro Euro

The angle I am going for is vaguely retro/punk ironic: 50% of the business is proudly keeping old junk running, 50% is selling/installing/promoting cutting edge gear.

thanks in advance for any interest.
Quote:I need a logo designed for a small electronics business...snip...I have a pretty definite brief so this should be a straightforward job for somebody competent in GIMP

You might get a reply, however company logos are usually better created in a vector application such as Inkscape rather than a raster editor such as Gimp. Then the same graphic can be scaled to whatever size needed, tiny for a biz card, medium web site, huge for a poster.

You could ask the same question on https://www.gimplearn.net/ plenty artists there Wink

.svg   gf.svg (Size: 91.63 KB / Downloads: 196)
I think you are looking in the wrong places. Your references read like somebody is required who knows and understands all those influences and can sketch in a retro cartoon style.
The only one i can think of is Jason Secrests. He runs a youtube channel for inking and colourising cartoons, and he can draw this kind of style.
However i dont know if he does accept jobs. It seems he is an art teacher.

Im not sure how you find a designer or artist who fits your themes, but maybe its also worth posting this question on reddit, or browse deviantart.
Or find a tatoo artist, who specializes in retro motives.
Something like this?

(02-17-2018, 05:55 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Something like this?

well that is unmistakably a sailor mashup!
I have a specific brief as a starting point, pls message me if I may trouble you with it.
T