Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Tool Changes Font When I type in a digit
I  am using the text tool to make some text.  The text contains some digits.  As soon as I type a digit,
the font changes to some other font.  I thought maybe it's treating the 2 as a command so if I use the text editor it will fix it.
Nope.  I thought OK maybe this font just doesn't have any data for the digits so I'll try another font.  Nope.  Is it too much
to ask that digits I type in the text tool be in the same font that I have chosen?  Using 2.10

Thanks and sorry if this question is too basic but I did google for the answer and didn't find it.
Works for me....

What fonts are we talking about?
Quote:... The text contains some digits.  As soon as I type a digit, the font changes to some other font.

Is this an existing Gimp .xcf file that needs modifying ?  If it is then probably a missing font. Even if it is a macOS peculiarity worth checking what you have.

One of Ofnuts plugins text-info-0.1.py  (date 2014-08-26) from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-too...s/scripts/ Gives details of the fonts used.

Might look like this:  Originally all text, Century Schoolbook Bold, then on-canvas modified 2021 to Island Roman and the day to C. Schoolbook italic. - 3 different fonts.  

Time passes, new computer installation Island Roman font gone. If I put the cursor in  2021 the displayed font is not Island Roman it is the default, fall-back, system font.

Try and change any part of the text layer and any missing font is replaced by the default system font.

A fix? Replace the missing font in your Gimp user profile fonts folder or select the problem characters and change to a new font using the on-canvas tool. (you do know how to do that, don't you? )

Happy new year Wink