Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10.4: Missing dll's despite them being in the GIMP directory
I reinstalled Gimp because python-fu refused to start, along with some python related tools.
After reinstalling, the python-fu option is gone from the menu and I get 2 errors at start. Both errors appear in the twain.exe step. Removing twain.exe helped getting rid of the errors, though didn't solve the missing python-fu menu. 

Quote:The procedure entry point deflateSetHeader could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\bin\libgio-2.0-0.dll.
and
Quote:The procedure entry point inflateReset2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\bin\libpng16-16.dll.

Both libraries can be found in "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\bin" and "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin".

Any idea how to fix this? I have tried older versions as well, used CCleaner to hopefully fix some registry issues and manually searched for all GIMP related folders and deleted them prior to reinstalling.

Wrong forum, my bad. I can't seem to find a remove button so ...
Is the Gimp 2.10.4 the latest from http://www.gimp.org? The setup files is called gimp-2.10.4-setup-1.exe ie rev1 Python tools not starting and could be an earlier Gimp 2.10

As you report it looks like a problem is TWAIN related. Do you get the scanner showing up in File -> Create -> Scanner/Camera

There were earlier reports of TWAIN not working, It is an old 32 bit plugin, no developers there to fix it.

I use linux so no real easy way to check what works in the way of scanners.

Not usually necessary to reinstall Gimp but this case...maybe.

Uninstall Gimp from the uninstall menu.
If anything remaining in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\... delete it
Rename-to-disable/move any existing Gimp 2.8 user profile
Install Gimp 2.8.10 and it will be a new clean installation.

Your old Gimp 2.8 scripts/plugins still in the old profile - add to the new profile checking that they work
Indeed, I can't get the scanner to show up in the menu bar.

I got the last one from the website: gimp-2.10.4-setup-2.

I have tried these as well:
gimp-2.10.4-setup-1 (This version is the one that got me to try to reinstall gimp as it had python issues)
GIMP-2.10.4-std-64bit (Gimp Partha version)
gimp-2.10.2-setup
gimp-2.10.0-setup   

On the bright side:
gimp-2.8.10-setup does seem to work! Even the python console is running.
Quote:I got the last one from the website: gimp-2.10.4-setup-2

My mistake rev1 was flawed & quickly replaced.

Partha Gimp is 64 bit only TWAIN known not to work on that.

The only other option is a samj portable Gimp 2.10.4 https://samjcreations.blogspot.com/ A bit of a monster unpacked runs to 1 GB of files but it is portable and does not conflict with any other installation.