Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10 Stalls when opening XCF project on MacOS
Statistics:
2017 MBP running 10.15.7 MacOS Catalina
8 GB Ram
Vanilla 2.10 GIMP with no plugins or anything.

I've found one other thread with the same problem but did not see a solution provided at all.

When I open a saved XCF file, the canvas shows with just the transparency, yet most of the layers are marked as "visible," and I also am unable to change to a different tool, cannot zoom in or out, basically can't perform any function at all. I am still able to "close" the project and GIMP recognizes that by showing GIMP up top instead of the project name, yet nothing in the working area changes. I think it may just be the XCF file is corrupted, but this same issue comes up with 2 other projects. 

I don't think this is a GIMP issue as I am still able to create a new project, and even open up older XCF files. And a fresh reinstall still creates the same issue. 

Converting the file to PSD at least shows the canvas correctly but still "stalls" the program. 

I tried to just recreate the project by basically tracing over the exported PNG in a new project but that same file appears to have corrupted as well. 

Any ideas?
Very few active OSX users on this forum.
If you want the Gimp developers aware of the problem post it here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues

"Vanilla 2.10 GIMP" ? State your exact version. The developers use linux so they are probably in the dark as well, but that is your best bet.
(07-28-2022, 08:25 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Very few active OSX users on this forum.  
If you want the Gimp developers aware of the problem post it here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues

"Vanilla 2.10 GIMP" ?  State your exact version. The developers use linux so they are probably in the dark as well, but that is your best bet.

Sorry, more or less meant I'm not using any plugins or extensions by that. But, 2.10.32, to be exact.
(07-28-2022, 09:20 AM)traderrjoe Wrote: Sorry, more or less meant I'm not using any plugins or extensions by that. But, 2.10.32, to be exact.

Be sure to tell the Gimp developers that or they will just ask you to install the latest version. Do not hold your breath for an answer.