Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10 pdf export losing fonts
(04-05-2021, 11:40 AM)krystian Wrote: Yes, now the layers are bitmap layer, and if I don't do that, the PDF don't use my fonts.

A known issue. See https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Font-c...0#pid22680

There are better tools for creating PDF's Inkscape v1 or LibreOffice both keep the font metrics.
(12-17-2019, 08:18 PM)fantasydreaming Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 07:56 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Did this originally come from some other graphics application or a PDF file? The 'testing' text is a bit convoluted as well, being changed using the on canvas tool options. This using Ofnuts  font info plugin. You should really start afresh.

The fonts files themselves are certainly not wonderful, Hanshand in particular is has paths reversed / intersecting (according to fontforge) 

...but AFAIK that is not the problem. Shaving 1 pixel (3717 -> 3716 ) off the width of the canvas seems to cure things. This sort of thing has happened in the past. A4 at one time was weird. Remember to untick 'Layers as Pages' to get a sensible PDF.

Attached xcf and pdf

Thanks!

This was a totally new file I'd started to test this.  Not imported at all.  I also didn't change the text in the canvas settings, just clicked the text entry, typed a word, selected it & set the font & font size, then tried to export.

I tried reducing the canvas size but it still wouldn't export properly.

Any suggestions what else I could do?  Is there a debug log for the pdf renderer that might have some useful information in it?

I'll attach a new file I've made with 3 fonts.  The "bahnscrift" font is working properly, but not the other two.

Update!  I think I've fixed it - I uninstalled the fonts from window's font tool, then right clicked a fresh download of the font from dafont and choose 'install for all users' - now it seems to be working.  I think I'd just right clicked and chosen "install" previously.

Thanks!

Thanks, after installing for all users I was able to solve the issue too Smile