Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10 start up, two warnings...
OK so, I start up GIMP 2.10 I like it, nice dark theme {perfect for pohot editing!!}

However, I get two notices that pop up when the program starts up; the first one is for my old version of G'MIC {which then was updated, but this error still shows up} saying the entry point wasnt found in the dll not4ed as "libwinpthread-1.dll"

The second error is for dds.exe extension I had downloaded for GIMp to edit some Skyrim mod coloration files to fit the character mood properly, This note is for the following dll "libstdc++-6.dll"

Is there a fix for either of these ?

By clicking on OK I cant still start up GIMP without anymore notices popping up. I can use the new brushes and tools just fine, its only those two errors that keep showing up when I start up the program.

Without either entry point located I cannot use open any DDS file, but I can somehow use the latest update to G'MIC just fine
It reads like you have more than a few files left over from your earlier Gimp 2.8 installation.

I recommend a new clean install.

Use Windows uninstaller to uninstall Gimp 2.10
If the folder C:\Program Files\GIMP 2 remains delete it
Delete the Gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10
Rename your left over Gimp 2.8 profile to something like C:\Users\"yourname"\.ex-gimp-2.8

Install Gimp 2.10.2
Run it to create a new empty profile.
Use the new-for-gimp 2.10 gmic installer.

see: this post for updated plugins for Gimp 2.10 https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-2-10-2...73#pid8373 that archive contains a 64 bit dds.exe plugin.

Move any resources from ex-gimp-2.8 to the new Gimp 2.10 profile, one-at-a-time checking that they work as you go.
OK I followed the steps and just need to reinstall the latest version og G'Mic and the DDS extionsions ?

Noved everything over for GMIP FX Foundry scripts, just had to move those one by one properly to make sure they work, {they all do!!}
The start-up warning I was getting was when GIMP started querying plug-ins. Twain.exe was having a problem with zlib1.dll, something about "inflateValidate". I tried a couple of things that didn't work. Then I tried just replacing the 2.10 version of twain with a version I still had from 2.9. That seems to have fixed it. I now have the option to Create from > Scanner/camera again.