Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
80ies calling
Photo 
Was trying to get a grid in perspective and almost went crazy.
First attempt in Inkscape, but using the new Perspective LPE almost crashes the program.
Next watched a few YT tutorials Big Grin
So made a grid in Inkscape, imported the svg into Gimp and behold: with a bit of trial and error of the Perspective Tool, is much easier !

Question: why can i move loads of nodes easily within Gimp, but not in Inkscape ??

[Image: 80ies%2BGrid2.png]
I do have a script to make a square grid path, and you can apply the perspective tools to paths Smile
(11-07-2016, 08:07 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I do have a script to make a square grid path, and you can apply the perspective tools to paths Smile

Path-grid, right ?

Nice ! And a hundred times quicker than making a grid in IS....
You should really spoil the Inkscapers with a few extensions, ofnuts.
Theres hardly anybody in the scene who can write stuff, and a lot of design choices the developers make, are...questionable...

For example i made this some time ago, and it was a nightmare in IS...i had to use some of your scripts
http://gimp-science-labs.blogspot.de/201...tomic.html
(11-07-2016, 08:40 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Path-grid, right ?

Nice ! And a hundred times quicker than making a grid in IS....
You should really spoil the Inkscapers with a few extensions, ofnuts.
Theres hardly anybody in the scene who can write stuff, and a lot of design choices the developers make, are...questionable...
Before I write code, I would have to become somewhat proficient with the application. I'm not there yet.

(11-07-2016, 08:40 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: For example i made this some time ago, and it was a nightmare in IS...i had to use some of your scripts
http://gimp-science-labs.blogspot.de/201...tomic.html
Cool drawing. How did you do the shadow on the torus in the InkScape versions?
(11-07-2016, 01:12 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Cool drawing. How did you do the shadow on the torus in the InkScape versions?

Thanks !

I was able to do that, because i understand Gimp and layereffects Wink
Its the same procedure as making an inner shadow in Gimp with a layermask, but the advantage in Inkscape is that you can clip a group.
Once you understand clipping a group you can do all kinds of wizardry .)
Here are the steps:
Lets say you have this torus shape, which is basically a circle with a stroke.
Convert the stroke to paths, so that you get a shape.
Draw a rectangle over the torus. The rectangle must be bigger than the torus !
Punch a hole with a duplicate of the torus shape into the rectangle.
Blur the rectangle.
Now group the rectangle (even if its just one object).
Clip the grouped rectangle with a duplicate (or clone) of the torus.

What you can do now is enter the group (left click menu) and offset the blurred rectangle while its clipped, to adjust and refine the 3D effect.
Exit the group by using the layer dropdown menu at the bottom at the page or doubleclick on empty space on the canvas.

With that technique you can produce highlighs and shadows.
Thanks. Will try that someday.
related:
http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.p...82&p=67648