Hi all.

Please advise how to
1) Add blue sky to
2) Sharpen

attached photos, making them clearer

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Going to be pretty hard since the tops of the buildings are the same colour as the sky. I'll give it a try and then let you know how it was done.

ok I did one and this is what I did.

Before doing the sky go to levels and click on auto input levels. (This will get rid of some of the haziness and boost the colours). Then, I duplicated the layer and used linear burn mode - to make the buildings stand out more. While it was in this mode I selected the sky using scissor select but you can select it anyway you wish. Although fuzzy select will pick up areas you dont want selected this time.  Feather your selection and remove top layer. Make sure your layer mode is back in normal - although it will not matter if you only have one layer now. Then you can add your sky gradient - I have a horizon to sky 'light blue to azure'. The lightest needs to go to the bottom. (I took this gradient from a photo). If you like add a little contrast and that should be all you need unless the photo is blurry and noisy.

Smile
(11-19-2023, 07:39 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Going to be pretty hard since the tops of the buildings are the same colour as the sky. I'll give it a try and then let you know how it was done.

ok I did one and this is what I did.

Before doing the sky go to levels and click on auto input levels. (This will get rid of some of the haziness and boost the colours). Then, I duplicated the layer and used linear burn mode - to make the buildings stand out more. While it was in this mode I selected the sky using scissor select but you can select it anyway you wish. Although fuzzy select will pick up areas you dont want selected this time.  Feather your selection and remove top layer. Make sure your layer mode is back in normal - although it will not matter if you only have one layer now. Then you can add your sky gradient - I have a horizon to sky 'light blue to azure'. The lightest needs to go to the bottom. (I took this gradient from a photo). If you like add a little contrast and that should be all you need unless the photo is blurry and noisy.
Hi sallyanne,

Thanks for you helps and advice.

I tried to follow your stesp here.

on
Tools -> Selection Tools -> Intelligent Scissors box

I couldn't start the scissors box.  Is there another way to start it?

Is there any way making peoples clearer on the photo ?

Thanks

Regards

Hi all,

Is there a plugin of GIMP similar to "How to Replace a Sky in Photoshop"?

Thanks

Regards
Iscissors The intelligent scissors are in the toolbox on the left of the program's screen. Looks like scissors with a line going from it. Is just like the path. Start at a spot and add a node every so often as you go around. When you have finished you need to finish at the first node then hit enter to make the selection active.
Or there are dozens of other ways to make your selection. I don't normally use scissors select but thought I would give it a try this time and it worked well

By the way it could be as simple as selecting your 'sky' with the fuzzy select and then put a gradient in it but as I said the lines are not visible around the top centres of the buildings so the gradient will go in there as well. If Gimp will not do what you want go back to Photoshop

Smile
(11-19-2023, 01:04 PM)sallyanne Wrote: Iscissors The intelligent scissors are in the toolbox on the left of the program's screen. Looks like scissors with a line going from it. Is just like the path. Start at a spot and add a node every so often as you go around. When you have finished you need to finish at the first node then hit enter to make the selection active.
Or there are dozens of other ways to make your selection. I don't normally use scissors select but thought I would give it a try this time and it worked well

By the way it could be as simple as selecting your 'sky' with the fuzzy select and then put a gradient in it but as I said the lines are not visible around the top centres of the buildings so the gradient will go in there as well. If Gimp will not do what you want go back to Photoshop

The intelligent scissors are not shown up in the toolbox on the left of the program's screen.

Please refers to screenshot-1

After select;
Tools -> Selection Tools -> Intelligent Scissors

The scissors are popup in the toolbox

Please refers to screenshot-2

Please advise
1) how to delete the scissors selected area ?
2) how to popup a toolbox similar to shown on screenshot-3 ?

Thanks

Regards

To make the photos clearer experiment with filters/enhance/sharpen followed by filters/enhance/noise reduction.  The attached is with default values.

Looks like you may have your tools in a different area. Dialogs can be moved to where you want.

I tried to get a pop up by closing all my dialogs but it didn't happen. (Must only be for older versions) Took awhile to get them back too.
If you want a box that looks like a pop-up, left click on the black arrow> then you will have a menu for the current tab, click on detach tab you will have a floating box like the pop-up box.

Smile
(11-19-2023, 07:30 PM)zeuspaul Wrote: To make the photos clearer experiment with filters/enhance/sharpen followed by filters/enhance/noise reduction.  The attached is with default values.

Thanks for your advice.

But it is still too dark.  Brightness-Contrast can't help.  Is there a solution?

Regards

(11-20-2023, 12:13 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Looks like you may have your tools in a different area.  Dialogs can be moved to where you want.

I tried to get a pop up by closing all my dialogs but it didn't happen. (Must only be for older versions) Took awhile to get them back too.
If you want a box that looks like a pop-up, left click on the black arrow> then you will have a menu for the current tab, click on detach tab you will have a floating  box like the pop-up box.

I found it on Internet.  It is a very nice toolsbox

gimp 2.10.30 is running here

Pushing the window to left a small toolsbox is formed.  Please see screenshot attached

Regards

Stephen Liu Wrote:It is a very nice toolsbox

Top menu Edit > Preferences... in 1,
A window opens go to Interface > Icon Theme in 2 and 3,
then on the right side chose Legacy by clicking on it in 4 (mine is Color) ,
then click on the button in 5 to select Custom icon size,
then increase the size in 6 by moving the slider
and to finish click OK in 7

Patrice
(11-20-2023, 11:18 AM)PixLab Wrote:
Stephen Liu Wrote:It is a very nice toolsbox