Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add green color on trees
Hi all,

Pls advise how to add green color to trees and make the photo more clear as well

Thanks 

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-17-2024, 03:50 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: Hi all,

Pls advise how to add green color to trees and make the photo more clear as well

Thanks 

Regards

I could have done it another way. But this is what came to mind first:

I used Curves and in the green channel I increased this color.
I created a mask and hid the parts that turned green unnecessarily.
I increased the sharpness of the image a little;
I expanded it using another application.

[Image: oCOqfav.jpeg]
https://i.imgur.com/oCOqfav.jpeg
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Using Gmic plugin
(1) Colors -> Auto Balance with Area = 4 and Channels  = LinearRGB
then
(2) Testing -> afre -> Sharpen FFT with Strength = 50

Star 
(02-17-2024, 06:56 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Using Gmic plugin
then

Wow!!
rich2005, this method is very good! 
I will definitely have to become more familiar with this process in my other editions.
Thx!

=========================================================================================

Applying the steps described by rich2005 in his previous post (#3 ) in the image I had posted previously.

Note: There are gross errors visible in my editing, as I just wanted to test a procedure so I didn't bother making meticulous selections and exact strokes over the created mask.
(02-17-2024, 06:56 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Using Gmic plugin
then

Hi@rich2005

Thanks for your advice.

Sorry I couldn't make it here. The grass is not GREEN

Steps performed
Filters -> G'MIC-Qt... (3.3.0)

Pls refer to attached photo

Regards

(02-17-2024, 05:26 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 03:50 PM)Stephen Liu Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks 

Regards

I could have done it another way. But this is what came to mind first:

I used Curves and in the green channel I increased this color.
I created a mask and hid the parts that turned green unnecessarily.
I increased the sharpness of the image a little;
I expanded it using another application.

[Image: oCOqfav.jpeg]
https://i.imgur.com/oCOqfav.jpeg

HI@Krikor,

Thanks for your advice

Color -> Color Curves

I couldn't find  "green channel" there

Regards

rich2005 method with a twist for your color
Open G'MIC and do what rich2005 told you to do with Colors > Auto Balance, but as output layer ➤ select New layer(2) and click Apply (3)

Then WITHOUT closing G'MIC, go to the Ttesting > Afre like rich2005 told you, same here ➤ the output is a new layer (3), and this time you click the [OK] button

In the layers' dialog you will have now 3 layers, put the one in the middle of the stack on top of the stack in LCh Color mode, now it's sharp and the grass is green! Then just Play opacity, saturation or whatever you like for your taste

(02-18-2024, 01:30 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote: HI@Krikor,

Thanks for your advice

Color -> Color Curves

Regards

You need to click the Value button, a drop down menu will appear ➤ click on "Green"

Patrice
(02-18-2024, 02:29 AM)PixLab Wrote: rich2005 method with a twist for your color
Open G'MIC and do what rich2005 told you to do with Colors > Auto Balance, but as output layer ➤ select New layer(2) and click Apply (3)

Then WITHOUT closing G'MIC, go to the Ttesting > Afre like rich2005 told you, same here ➤ the output is a new layer (3), and this time you click the [OK] button

In the layers' dialog you will have now 3 layers, put the one in the middle of the stack on top of the stack in LCh Color mode, now it's sharp and the grass is green! Then just Play opacity, saturation or whatever you like for your taste ......

I couldn't fine 3 layers on Layers' dialog

Regard

(02-18-2024, 01:30 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote: HI@Krikor,

Thanks for your advice

Color -> Color Curves

Regards

You need to click the Value button, a drop down menu will appear ➤ click on "Green"
(02-18-2024, 04:03 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote: I couldn't fine 3 layers on Layers' dialog

I'm a fool, that was stupid of me to think that you could follow these simple numbered steps properly
Patrice
(02-18-2024, 02:29 AM)PixLab Wrote: rich2005 method with a twist for your color

In the layers' dialog you will have now 3 layers, put the one in the middle of the stack on top of the stack in LCh Color mode, now it's sharp and the grass is green! Then just Play opacity, saturation or whatever you like for your taste

(02-18-2024, 01:30 AM)Stephen LiuYou need to click the Value button, a drop down menu will appear ➤ click on "Green Wrote: HI@Krikor,

Thanks for your advice

Color -> Color Curves

Regards

Now I got it.  How to increase its value.  Please refers to photo attrached

Regare

I tested this filter for the first time: Colors - Dynamique Simple

The result at least for the image in question seems to produce a good initial result with just one click and no need for adjustments.

But it seems that this filter creates some strange artifacts in the image, which prevents the use of other filters later; such as the steps mentioned by rich2005 in post #3

I don't know what these types of artifacts are called.
In the generated image, the presence of these artifacts goes unnoticed, but when the image is subjected to the Colors - Hue-Saturation filter and adjustments are made to the Lightness option, these artifacts become easily visible.