Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add padding to image spliced with guides
Photo 
Hi, I found a script that automates adding grids (guides) to an image, but I am having problems adding padding to the image for every grid border. I had added guides every 8 pixels by 8 pixels and I would like to split this image up for every grid by adding 1 pixel padding to create empty space around each grid. I can split the image fine into other images using guillotine and splice, but this creates hundreds of separate images whereas I want to keep the image as one image. 

I have added a small example image to the post to help further explain what I am after. The image was at first one solid black block, but I have added padding to separate each 8x8 tile in the same image.

Attached Files Image(s)

Maybe there is a script somewhere that does it. But the closest I know is shred-layer available here. It does horizontal or vertical strips so you have to apply it twice (once vertically, once horizontally) to obtain squares.

(09-23-2017, 11:04 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Maybe there is a script somewhere that does it. But the closest I know is shred-layer available here. It does horizontal or vertical strips so you have to apply it twice (once vertically, once horizontally) to obtain squares.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.