Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing the background of an image.
Hey so I am desperately trying to remove the background of the below image. It was supposed to be a render but it didn't turn out that way :Sad I am trying to use the eraser to erase the weird squares in the background but I keep ruining the image. Any help will be appreciated. 

https://imgur.com/a/ulKnT
https://imgur.com/a/ulKnT

Thanks!
The "weird squares" are not part of the image, they are just an indication of where the image is transparent. Another way to see it is that the checkerboard pattern is a permanent background image. You see it where you image is transparent. But it isn't saved with you image (but since many image viewers display transparency that way, somtime you can be led to believe that it iis part of your image).
(01-28-2017, 11:21 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The "weird squares" are not part of the image, they are just an indication of where the image is transparent. Another way to see it is that the checkerboard pattern is a permanent background image. You see it where you image is transparent. But it isn't saved with you image  (but since many image viewers display transparency that way, somtime you can be led to believe that it iis part of your image).

I believed the same thing too! Can you save the image and then open it in gimp? I still see the squares unlike normal renders where they aren't there!

Thanks
If this is part of the image, then at some point someone made a screenshot...

No problem extracting again using a Path. See .xcfgz for full image (with extraction path).

Attached Files
.xcfgz   Render.xcfgz (Size: 105.86 KB / Downloads: 204)
(01-28-2017, 11:42 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: If this is part of the image, then at some point someone made a screenshot...

No problem extracting again using a Path. See .xcfgz for full image (with extraction path).

Yea my friend found the image back in 2014 but couldn't remember where he got it when I asked him for it! He had SS it and used it in a Sig TUT so that would explain a lot! Thanks so much for the help!