Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with brush size
So i've been having this issue with brush siezes. I want to use the pizel brush in size 2 but it looks just like brush 3. I need a 2x2 bursh not 3x3 or 1x1. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
There are two issues here. 

First the size and a peculiarity of a parametic, (.VBR)  brush is the odd 1 : 3 : 5 sizes.  Then there is the brush tool which introduces anti-aliasing around adjoining pixels to give the impression of smoothness. For no antialising and hard edges use the pencil tool instead of the brush tool.

For 1 , 2 , 3, .... size brushes you can easily make your own tiny brushes. see: https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Custom_Brushes/

The required size , grayscale , fill with black and export as a .gbr (gimp brush) to your brushes folder.  In use these take the FG colour. This is not new, going back to older versions of Gimp there are sets of same-shape brush in different sizes.

As an example, made a set of 4  (attached, unzip, put in your brushes folder)

Do not resize as a brush, anti-aliasing is introduced. Use at their default size.
Using the pencil tool, you can get away with just the 1x1 brush, that does resize keeping hard edges.

Attached Files
.zip   tiny-pix-brush.zip (Size: 741 bytes / Downloads: 128)