Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adobe Photoshop vs Gimp
(06-03-2021, 08:41 AM)CtrlAltDel Wrote: Smile  I did feel you may have overreacted a bit to a very standard reply, oft-repeated a million times, about CMYK not being naively available in Gimp.  On the other hand, on reflection, I also overreacted in my response and overdid it.

This usually happens when we write after midnight and we start to take wrong shortcuts  Big Grin  Big Grin

(06-03-2021, 08:41 AM)CtrlAltDel Wrote: No hard feelings.  Everyone is very friendly around here and you seem extremely knowledgeable.  I hope you stick around, as it never hurts to have another expert helping out.

No worries, no hard feelings either, I will stick around as well  Wink
Thanks a lot for this nice post! Have a great day.
(05-31-2021, 02:50 PM)meetdilip Wrote: GIMP has no CMYK support as far as I know. That means if you print an image from GIMP without converting it to CMYK colour profile first, it will look really bad. Far from what you have drawn.

There is a plugin that will convert between RGB and CMYK see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-CMYK-c...3#pid11743

Although remember that Gimp is 100% a RGB editor.

A bit about pre-viewing your work using soft-proofing. https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-The-Ro...t-Proofing
I do not know why PixLab is attacking me personally with a jibe about making money. I guess he is someone who is supposed to attack people if they do anything other than praising GIMP. Considering the person is trying to earn his bread and butter, I can only remind him that I have been using GIMP - defending and suggesting it for years. And this is one good way to repay the loyalty and a habit of speaking the truth, not being a fanboy of anything.

I feel bad when someone says you cannot design a business card in GIMP, for personal use or otherwise. I have been following LogosByNick and Davies Media Design. There is a specific video about how to use Scribus to add CMYK support.

Well, PixLab has succeeded in making me a GIMP critic from someone who loves and preaches GIMP from ~ 2010.

I have GIMP, Blender and Inkscape on my Linux. I have used Krita and I was told that we can try GIMP output in Krita. Never tried it myself. But thanks for reminding me about it.
(06-03-2021, 03:13 PM)meetdilip Wrote: I do not know why PixLab is attacking me personally with a jibe about making money.
What?! Seriously?!.... I am not attacking you nor any one, I'm not doing any jibe, I just quoted your sentence where you say "I can earn a little bit if the output is professional press-ready"

No worries, i'm done here