Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After exporting into png-white area/background
Hi there
Could you please help me.

After export of my photo into png file, I am having some white background.

I have deleted a background in gimp around my picture, but after exporting into png,

there is still a white background /area. 

Any ideas,what should I do in gimp?

Please see my attachhement.

Thanks a lot 

Attached Files Image(s)

Does the image have an alpha channel ?

If it does, you can select the white squares with the Rectangular Selection Tool and delete them.
Then you should have transparency.
@petrweaver

The image you posted already has an alpha channel, so who knows what has happened. As Espermaschine says select and delete.

I suggest zooming in and carefully positioning some guides. screenshot https://i.imgur.com/gSiuMVp.jpg
Rectangular select should snap to the guides then a ctrl-x to delete. You should see a checker pattern which denotes transparency. https://i.imgur.com/ywbZHRU.jpg

Save as a Gimp .xcf which keep all those settings until sure that exporting as a png give what is required.
Note: Some image viewers will show transparency as white instead of the usual checker pattern. Does not mean anything wrong with the image.
Hi folks,
Thanks for your responses.
Yes, I have applied an alpa channel etc. and those transparent squares are as well.
The point is that I would like to achieve a shape showing those 4 grey rectangles only without a white or tranparent areas (just kind of an irregular Z - shape) after conversion into .png file.
Is it possible to do it in gimp?
Cheers
(02-04-2018, 06:57 PM)petrweaver Wrote: The point is that I would like to achieve a shape showing those 4 grey rectangles only without a white or tranparent areas (just kind of an  irregular Z - shape) after conversion into .png file.

No, not possible with bitmap images. Bitmap images are always rectangular/square. The bits you don't want to see are made transparent.
(02-04-2018, 07:02 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 06:57 PM)petrweaver Wrote: The point is that I would like to achieve a shape showing those 4 grey rectangles only without a white or tranparent areas (just kind of an  irregular Z - shape) after conversion into .png file.

No, not possible with bitmap images. Bitmap images are always rectangular/square. The bits you don't want to see are made transparent.

Thanks for your reply.