Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Align Tool: Distribute targets evenly in the horizontal
Align Tool: Distribute targets evenly in the horizontal

In using this tool I cannot get the targets to distribute with equal gaps (spacing) between the targets.  

To be honest, I am not even certain that the tool is designed to do this, as I am not exactly sure what "evenly in the horizontal" means.

----------------
I have four targets (on four different layers).  Each of the targets is the same height, but are different widths.  If I select all of the targets and choose "Distribute targets evenly in the horizontal" the targets are distributed, but the distance/spacing between the targets appears to be based (more or less) on the width of the one target with the widest width.  

In the Attachment example the four images that I am trying to evenly gap/space apart are the four on the top row.  In relation to the selection shown faintly in white.  Ideally, the first image (on the far left) would have its left edge against the left edge of the selection, the last image (on the far right) would have its right edge against the right edge of the selection, and the other two would be evenly gapped/spaced apart.  Actually, all of them would be evenly gapped/spaced apart (regardless of their widths).

Does anyone know how to achieve this?  If not native to GIMP, is there a plug-in that can do this?

Thank you!!
Try my old arrange-layers script.
(08-12-2020, 08:28 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Try my old arrange-layers script.

Yes!!!!

Thank you so much!

Your script worked perfectly and did precisely what I was needing.  You have no idea how much time it will save me now.

The one thing that took me a while to figure out was to make sure that the only layers that were visible were the four target images themselves (cropped down to content).  The first several times I tried your script I had a background layer visible as well in addition to the four targets, and that was stopping the script from working. 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to this thread and of course for that awesome script.
(08-12-2020, 08:28 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Try my old arrange-layers script.

Hello Ofnuts: After a frustrating couple of hours of trying to getting the Align tool to distribute layers evenly (same space between layers), I found your arrange-layers script. And it's still working 12 years later on GIMP 2.10.36.

Very helpful - many thanks. . .