Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Align function: can you arrange layers side-by-side? (left edge of #2 to right of #1)
Hi guys,

is there any way how to use the Align function to actually arrange two layers side-by-side in a way that the second layer, let's say its left edge, will jump to where the right edge of the first layer ends? Something as if putting together a stitched image. At the moment, Align only aligns left edge to left edge, if you know what I mean...

Or is there a different function? Some 'snap' or something? Otherwise I have to drag the layer #2 manually (using Move) and zoom in to align and not overlap a single pixel of the two layers).

Thx Gimp masters Wink

Chipek
Several scripts to do it:

- with ofn-preset-guides, you can easily put guides along the relevant edges of one layer, and then move/snap the other layer on it.
- with ofn-arrange-layers, you can abutt several layers (spacing=0)
- if all the layers have the same size, you can also use ofn-layer-tiles to arrange them side by side.

All the scripts are here.
Thanks a lot!

I assume that what I'm looking for is ofn-arrange-layer. I couldn't locate it at the website you specified, though. Is it the same as this one: ofn-layer-aligner?

Edit: it was not the one. I have found this one later: arrange-layers-0.2.py, it works nicely. It install under Image -> Arrange layers if anyone has the same problem.

Thanks guys!
Sorry, that's arrange-layers and it is documented here.
Guides can also be used as item by the Align Tool:

Having a vertical guide in your image,
- ensure the Align Tool "Align" option is set to "First item"
- click the guide, next shift+click one layer
- you can now align the layer relative to the guide
(04-10-2020, 09:07 AM)tmanni Wrote: Guides can also be used as item by the Align Tool:

Having a vertical guide in your image,
- ensure the Align Tool "Align" option is set to "First item"
- click the guide, next shift+click one layer
- you can now align the layer relative to the guide

This tip is super! Many times I needed something to produce this alignment and I have always had twice the work. Now aligning layers is much easier. Thank you very much