Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All tool windows disappeared and won't come back
I'm using 2.10.12 Portable and after editing a photo, all of the pointers changed into what looked like a small line in each of the 4 corners. This was for at least the pen, pencil, and eraser. I couldn't get it to change back to a normal pointer. I closed and restarted GIMP and now the enter GUI is gone except the file, edit, etc menu, and none will reappear if selected in the window menu. Any idea what happened?
Go to Edit > Preferences > Tool Options
Click on "Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values"
Uncheck "Save tool options on exit"
(11-27-2019, 08:09 AM)Blighty Wrote: Go to Edit > Preferences > Tool Options
Click on "Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values"
Uncheck "Save tool options on exit"

Unfortunately that didn't fix it.

I'm wondering if my OS is corrupt.  I've always used GIMP, but when I switched to 2.10.12, it ran fine once, but then the next time, gave an error:
"The program cant start because libgexiv2-2.dll is missing from your computer"
and wouldn't run anymore. I switched to the portable version, which loaded and worked fine a few times, until the above problem.
FYI, this is 64 bit.
To restore your Windows, it's "Edit>Preferences>Interface>Window management>Reset saved window positions to default values".

You can also erase the sessionrc file in your Gimp profile, or even erase (or better, rename) your Gimp profile.

But indeed given your problems, I would start worrying about the disk contents. Make backups and then run a filesystem scan. You can also find a utility that display the S.M.A.R.T. data for your disk(s).
(12-11-2019, 08:42 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: To restore your Windows, it's "Edit>Preferences>Interface>Window management>Reset saved window positions to default values".

You can also erase the sessionrc file in your Gimp profile, or even erase (or better, rename) your Gimp profile.

But indeed given your problems, I would start worrying about the disk contents. Make backups and then run a filesystem scan. You can also find a utility that display the S.M.A.R.T. data for your disk(s).

Thanks. That worked.

That's good advice, though Gimp is the only program I've had any trouble with.
I'll probably check the disk to be sure though.