Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animation scripts not working
When attempting to use Blend, Rippling, Spinning Globe, Waves, in the Animation section of Gimp 2.10.6, with windows 10 version 1809, I get the following message.   atom>string: needs 1 argument.
Please how do I fix this or are there some alternative scripts.
Thank you
I can not reproduce that error. For example, this in a Win10 64bit Gimp 2.10.6 (VM) https://i.imgur.com/URGIot4.jpg

These animation filters are old script-fu's passed down from earlier Gimp's. I can get errors if I move away from a basic image(s) + filter, example if trying to work within a layer group, but not that particular error.

A search shows that error message, often associated with some previously installed script or plugin. Sometimes the portable samj GIMP 2.10.6 is involved.

Can you give more information.
Is Gimp 2.10.6 using the last installer (setup-1) from gimp.org gimp-2.10.6-setup-1.exe? The earlier installer had a fault.
Are you using a 32 bit Windows?
Are you using some other version, PortableApps / Partha / samj?
Post a screenshot of the whole gimp window.

I would advise before anything,

Disable the existing Gimp user profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP by renaming say. C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\old-GIMP

If you have an existing Gimp 2.8.x profile C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8 rename that as well C:\Users\"yourname"\.old-gimp-2.8 to prevent old scripts/plugins copied across.

Run Gimp to create a new default Gimp profile. Try those animation filters again.
(03-27-2019, 09:28 AM)rich2005 Wrote: I can not reproduce that error. For example, this in a Win10 64bit Gimp 2.10.6 (VM) https://i.imgur.com/URGIot4.jpg

These animation filters are old script-fu's passed down from earlier Gimp's. I can get errors if I move away from a basic image(s) + filter, example if trying to work within a layer group, but not that particular  error.

A search shows that error message, often associated with some previously installed script or plugin. Sometimes the portable samj GIMP 2.10.6 is involved.

Can you give more information.
Is Gimp 2.10.6 using the last installer (setup-1) from gimp.org gimp-2.10.6-setup-1.exe? The earlier installer had a fault.
Are you using a 32 bit Windows?
Are you using some other version, PortableApps / Partha / samj?
Post a screenshot of the whole gimp window.

I would advise before anything,

Disable the existing Gimp user profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP by renaming say. C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\old-GIMP

If you have an existing Gimp 2.8.x profile C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8 rename that as well C:\Users\"yourname"\.old-gimp-2.8 to prevent old scripts/plugins copied across.

Run Gimp to create a new default Gimp profile. Try those animation filters again.

Thank you Rich 2005 for the reply.  I will check as you have suggested.  Will let you know how I get along.
Regards.
Hi Rich2005
Thank you for the help. I had the earlier version of Gimp 2.10.6 installed. Have now installed Gimp 2 10.6 setup1.exe
All seems well.
Once again thank you.
P1937