Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Freelancers?
"the images are all compressed down to about 230 GB in an instant"

*Cough*. 230GB of images, after compression? How do you take the images and how many? My 20Mpx camera produces 7MB jpegs..., so 230G B is 30.000 images... Also, what is a smart card? I don't think any "smart card" can hold the contents of a single image... Is that a SD card?

Looking at the pics on your site, they are too big... They could be half the size (they are twice as big as most laptop screens) and the JPEG compression coul dbe better (Quality 85, and more agressive chroma subsampling). You can at least half the file size...

Nobody will write you an app for £500 (how many hours of work do you perform when you bill £500?), but I think you just need to look at a real photo management app, because if your network is bad you need to work locally and minimize the number/size of uploads. There are free ones, even for OSX (XnView...) and there are pay ones (for £500 you have the choice). Some even include extensions to upload photos to Wordpress sites.

Btw, the "A" in ADSL means "asymmetrical" because the upload bandwidth (you to internet) is far worse than the download one (internet to you). if you are so dependent on a good network, maybe you should spend some of the £500 for a better network. A professional link is more expensive but is symmetrical. Or, if you have a 4G network and a good data plan, using your phone for uploads can be a lot faster.

Messages In This Thread
Any Freelancers? - by cachophrastus - 06-10-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: Any Freelancers? - by Ofnuts - 06-10-2018, 07:34 PM