Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background set to Not Visible but still displays.
Background set to Not Visible but still displays.

I have project made up of two gifs and two pictures set on a background that is set not to be visible. Every time it cycles through the stack the non visible and transparent background wipes the images and then they are re-displayed as it works up the stack.  This gives a nasty flicker that I need to get rid of.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or need to change?

Thanks
M
Experimentally GIMP doesn't take the layer visibility in consideration in the Playback filter or when exporting to GIF (so at least these two are consistent). This could be a bug but this feature has been around for a while (already the behavior in Gimp 2.8) so it could be considered normal.

This means that if you don't want to see layers in the animation you have to remove them (possibly after Image>Duplicate)
Alright, I figured it out. This probably exposes my nubieness, but it is my first attempt with GIMP. I set the background as visible and then took the first layer of both of the gifs and the two picture layers and merged them down to the background layer. Some minor adjustments to layer times and no more wiping and glitching.