Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch fill the transparent backgound
Hello everyone,

I am looking for 2 plugins ideally (I'm not any good with these texting/code stuff) to help me edit 170 sprites that will:

1) batch delete "select by color tool" of the background color all the sprites and,
2) batch fill in the background (all the checkered areas) with a color of my choice.

It's been quite tedious to do it manually and so far I couldn't find anything on the internet. 

Thank you Smile
Are all the sprites the same size and not too big? If so you can load them all as tiles in a single layer, edit the layer, and split them back. Some of my scripts that can help:
  • ofn-tiles: loads/save multiple files as one layer and vice-versa
  • ofn-layer-tiles: split a single layer to tile and vice-versa
  • ofn-export-layers: exports all your layers to files, using a pattern to name them.
  • replace-foreground-by-background: replace the background color by the foreground color, usually after you have done a selection on the background (and grown it by one or two pixels, see here why).
  • ofn-file-next: saves & closes current image and loads next in sequence, usually assigned to a shortcut. Very often this is where you spend the most time when mass-editing images.
All scripts here.
Great thank you!

To answer your question, yes they're all the same size. One set of sprites are 400x450 pixels, the other sets are 65x65 pixels.