Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer belly
I just followed the steps dictated by rich2005 in the previous post.
Then I added a layer mask to remove the distortions that the Warp tool created on the left arm of the Mrs next to the Mr where the edit was made.
The Healing tool left the shirt very smooth (flat), so I applied a little texture which I obtained as follows:
I changed the mode of the edited layer to extract grain and applied a slight Gaussian blur. Next I did "New from visible" (thus creating a new layer).
I positioned this new layer on top, created a layer mask (black) and with a white brush and 40% opacity I brushed on the mask in order to recover part of the texture.

As rich2205 said "This is one with no set rules, it will come with practice", so the results tend to get better if there are more attempts with these techniques.

Original on the left, in the middle using Warp tool, on the right as mentioned in this post.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Thanks guys,as you say,it will take a few attempts to get it right ( it will probably take me longer ) because I have never worked with layers before but I am going to give it my best shot and see what results I get.I found the instructions in the post above confusing ( but I really like the result ) so here's hoping,because I am really interested in Gimp.I will keep this thread open for now,in case I need clarification on any of the instructions you guys have given me.
Thank you,your advice is much appreciated.
Hi all,
I had a go at getting flattening the stomach following the instructions that you gave,and I have a few questions.
1 -Change mode of layer... to what ?
2 -Apply a slight Gaussian blur ...what value should I put in ?
3 - Create a black layer mask,I could only find how to add a layer mask not how to create one.
Thank you for your help
Hi PussEKatt,

Sorry for the lack of clarity, possibly because English is not my native language and the fact that I use an online translator to communicate in that language.

However, I would like to know if you watched the video made available by rich2005 in post#10, have you seen and understood this video?

Here's the link to make it easier --- > https://i.imgur.com/lKQ0drI.mp4 <-- Please watch.

I believe that by watching the video your doubts will have been partially resolved.

(03-26-2024, 11:49 AM)PussEKatt Wrote: Hi all,
  I had a go at getting flattening the stomach following the instructions that you gave,and I have a few questions.
1 -Change mode of layer... to what ?
2 -Apply a slight Gaussian blur ...what value should I put in ?
3 - Create a black layer mask,I could only find how to add a layer mask not how to create one.
Thank you for your help

(03-26-2024, 11:49 AM)PussEKatt Wrote: 1 -Change mode of layer... to what ?

"I changed the mode of the edited layer to extract grain"

I should have written "Grain extract" and not 'extract grain'.

(03-26-2024, 11:49 AM)PussEKatt Wrote: 2 -Apply a slight Gaussian blur ...what value should I put in ?

When applying the Gaussian blur filter you must keep in mind that you want to visibly recover part of the texture you want to replace on the surface you want to apply it to (in this case, the shirt).

With this in mind, apply this filter with the necessary intensity for this purpose. Generally a little more than the flat gray that would be visible before the filter.

(03-26-2024, 11:49 AM)PussEKatt Wrote: 3 - Create a black layer mask,I could only find how to add a layer mask not how to create one.

Sorry, I thought they might be synonymous words in this case. But the menu clearly says "Add layer mask".

In this case I added a Black (full transparency) layer mask.

And just remembering, most importantly; watch rich2005's video :-)
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.