Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating 4k Image; Advanced Options X/Y Resolution
Photo 
Hello everyone!

When you are creating a new image and specifying the size. In the advanced options if I want to make something at 4k resolution should I bump up the resolution in the advanced options?

Thanks in advance for the informationSmile
(02-11-2018, 01:59 AM)Artisflowing Wrote: When you are creating a new image and specifying the size. In the advanced options if I want to make something at 4k resolution should I bump up the resolution in the advanced options?

The resolution has no effect on the image itself. It will remain 4906x2304 whatever resolution you set.

The resolution only comes into play when you print. For a good quality print you need 300 dpi. In Image>Print Size you can see the print size. Change the resolution and the print size changes. The image size remains 4906x2304
AFAIK, "4K resolution" is really 4K UHD and is just a size of 3840×2160pixels. Nothing to do with a "print definition" in PPI.
(02-11-2018, 08:53 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: AFAIK, "4K resolution" is really 4K UHD and is just a size of 3840×2160pixels. Nothing to do with a "print definition" in PPI.

These are the sizes for your latest and greatest monitor wallpaper Wink