Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BevelReflectLogo in Python script?
Btw, where can I get the BRL script? gimpscripts is somewhat dead these days.
Here it is:

.7z   bevel-reflect-logo.7z (Size: 8.22 KB / Downloads: 366)
Quote:The one Racer-X uses.

That is Carmelo's appimage
TinTran  wrote a python script to apply BRL to all layers. It works on Gimp 2.8.16. Trying it in my Gimp 2.10 RC1 appimage gives this error:

Code:
Calling error for procedure 'gimp-procedural-db-proc-info':
Procedure 'script-fu-ml-bevel-reflect-logo-alpha' not found
 I'm wondering if that means MLBevelReflect doesn't work? Or maybe it's calling the .scm, which it can't load?

Here's the python script to apply BRL to all visible layers: BRL to visible layers
(04-01-2018, 11:59 AM)racer-x Wrote: I'm wondering if that means MLBevelReflect doesn't work? Or maybe it's calling the .scm, which it can't load?

Probably both of those. A quick test

What a monster dialogue, and my laptop is 1920x1080
Tin's python script is a wrapper for bevel-reflect-logo.scm which of course also need the binary plugin MLBevelReflect.

Hangs if the precision is more than 8 bit (at least it does here).

before: https://i.imgur.com/jeGLch5.jpg
after: https://i.imgur.com/bykWBcX.jpg

Had enough of Gimp 2.9/2.10 for today. Going for a (Easter) Sunday afternoon beer Wink
Tin's python script calls the BRL script-fu that itself calls the "ML Bevel Reflect"  plugin. So better figure out that things are installed and working in the right order:

1. ML Bevel Reflect
  2. BML script-fu
  3. Tin's python-fu
1. I have ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 installed and it shows up in the Plug-in browser. I assume it works then? How do I test?
2. I have script-fu installed. Doesn't show up in plug-in browser. I assume it works because I can run all python scripts. How to test?
3. Tin's python-fu is installed and shows up in plug-in browser. It loads and works until error I posted.

No .scm scripts show in plugin browser.
(04-01-2018, 02:01 PM)racer-x Wrote: 1. I have ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 installed and it shows up in the Plug-in browser.  I assume it works then? How do I test?
2. I have script-fu installed. Doesn't show up in plug-in browser. I assume it works because I can run all python scripts. How to test?
3. Tin's python-fu is installed and shows up in plug-in browser. It loads and works until error I posted.

No .scm scripts show in plugin browser.

1. According to the source, it has a menu entry in Filters/Map/ML Bevel Reflect...
  2. The BML script seems to register as Filters/Alpha to Logo/Bevel Reflect Logo... and File/Create/Logos (gimpchat.com)/"Bevel Reflect Logo..
  3. OK, so that one is in...
OK, now I see the problem. ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 is listed in [Filters/Map/ML Bevel Reflect]. When I try to launch it reports an error..

Code:
ML Bevel Reflect 2.0 Warning
Could not execute plug-in "MLBevelReflect"
(/home/racer/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10/plug-ins/MLBevelReflect)
because it uses an obsolete version of the plug-in protocol.

Looks like it is blocked by the appimage. I give up on this now...