Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black background
Hello,

i have this picture with a blue background.
I would like to change de background color with an other color like (RGB : 42,42,42) between grey and black.
I use the magic select but the result is not really good.
And it takes really a long time to select each letter one by one .
Please could you hlep me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Too small, used to have a gradient background, now has banding. Might have been a vector at one time.

No really easy way, FWIW I scaled the image up 600% Used A GEGL operation 'Color-warp' for the bulk of the background. Dived in with a brush to paint in the rough spots. Scaled back down to original size

If you could find the fonts the best way is recreate as a vector using Inkscape.

Hello and thank's for your help.
Sorry for my english which is not vert good.
My final picture must be 180 px wide and 50 pixels height. 
Could you show me with screen shots you did it ? 
Thank's again for your help.
I am not making screenshots for something that was mostly painting-in around the lettering by hand. You could do that yourself.

The new size brings new problems. 180x50 px  is tiny and if you start with what you have (a poor image) scaling down to that size gives a worse image.

Truthfully, 180x50  is too small for that logo. I can easily show, I re-created the logo using Inkscape a vector application.  The vector image ibm-tiny.svg is attached.

Gimp will open it at 180 x 50 and that is about as good as you will get it. If you have lots of these to do, get into using vectors but it is a steep learning curve.

Attached Files
.svg   ibm-tiny.svg (Size: 72.37 KB / Downloads: 108)
Thank you !