Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush Lag
Hey I have a question for more knowledgable digital artists about brush lag in GIMP 
I am working in GIMP right now to paint and I had done a few small designs at 1.5"x1.5" with GIMP running perfectly. However when I opened a 8.5"x11" canvas and used brushes with sizes in the hundreds instead of the teens I got extreme brush lag when I applied pressure with only size and opacity being based on pressure.
I have 16GB of ram and a 3.8Hz CPU. 
Should I just do smaller art or is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
(08-02-2018, 04:02 AM)GSC Wrote: Hey I have a question for more knowledgable digital artists about brush lag in GIMP 
I am working in GIMP right now to paint and I had done a few small designs at 1.5"x1.5" with GIMP running perfectly. However when I opened a 8.5"x11" canvas and used brushes with sizes in the hundreds instead of the teens I got extreme brush lag when I applied pressure with only size and opacity being based on pressure.

Thanks!

Which Gimp version? (update your profile)
(08-02-2018, 07:27 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 04:02 AM)GSC Wrote: Hey I have a question for more knowledgable digital artists about brush lag in GIMP 

Thanks!

Which Gimp version? (update your profile)

From the start up screen it shows 2.10. It has mushrooms if that helps determine which version for you haha! I'll update my profile right away.