Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush Settings When Stroking Path
That is pretty cool. I admire your abilities.

You've created a parallel line monster  btw

[Image: OxVjAIo.gif]

(10-12-2022, 08:52 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: OK time for the big tease... with a slight modification to my ofn-gradient-path, making railroad tracks can be a snap.

You define a path which is the center of the tracks

I'll try to have the new OGAP available soon (but this change opens a big can of worms that I have to check out).

Out  of curiosity, to what end do you hope to employ over-head views of RR tracks? Gamescapes?  Layout aid for hobbyists? Mapping?

I knew a few hobbyists a few years ago who were anxious to find  "track font" that would work with their PCs for club news letters, and such.   I realize that's a completely different animal.....but obviously there is some demand for the perspective you are working on.

(10-13-2022, 08:00 PM)rickk Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 08:52 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: OK time for the big tease... with a slight modification to my ofn-gradient-path, making railroad tracks can be a snap.

You define a path which is the center of the tracks

I'll try to have the new OGAP available soon (but this change opens a big can of worms that I have to check out).

Out  of curiosity, to what end do you hope to employ over-head views of RR tracks? Gamescapes?  Layout aid for hobbyists? Mapping?

I knew a few hobbyists a few years ago who were anxious to find  "track font" that would work with their PCs for club news letters, and such.   I realize that's a completely different animal.....but obviously there is some demand for the perspective you are working on.

No personal use, but seen a few in images posted here and elsewhere. And there are other uses of parallel curvy lines.
The potential to use gradients to "draw" with (instead of just using them as accents) as well as drawing with purpose-built compound brushes, is an area I've been growing a keen interest in the past couple years. Don't really know why I went 15+ years just drawing with simple shapes, without thinking of trying it before. But there are seemingly limitless possibilities

I believe it was when you guys showed me how to draw a bolt pattern, that I had an epiphany.