Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brushes are all turning into chunky featureless blocks!
Photo 
Hello! I'm rather new to GIMP and have no prior experience in these types of programs, so do forgive me if the solution to this problem is glaringly obvious.
Anyhow, I have installed a ton of brushes for GIMP, all have been working perfectly...Until today. I open the program to practice some illustrating, and the paintbrush tool is doing this:

[img]file:///home/mochisuke/Pictures/Windowshot_2020-09-04_13:25:25.png[/img]    

It's turning all of my brushes into a big weird chunky block with no definition! Does anyone know the cause of this, and the solution to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I think it's because you are using the Pencil tool and not the Brush. The main difference between the two is that the Pencil doesn't use partial opacity, everything is either fully opaque or fully transparent.
(09-04-2020, 06:37 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I think it's because you are using the Pencil tool and not the Brush. The main difference between the two is that the Pencil doesn't use partial opacity, everything is either fully opaque or fully transparent.

AHH!!!! How did I not notice that?! Haha! Thank you so much! I would have probably spent hours wondering what the heck was wrong. LOL.

(09-04-2020, 06:37 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I think it's because you are using the Pencil tool and not the Brush. The main difference between the two is that the Pencil doesn't use partial opacity, everything is either fully opaque or fully transparent.

Just now tried it again with the brush, it's working fine! Thanks!